Fret Level on Fender Telecaster

This Tele came in for a setup but it was quickly apparent that the frets needed levelling as they were very pitted, especially on the G and B strings. Once I started levelling you could see where the guitar had been played and how overdue this work actually was.

The output felt very loose and on inspection had been bent out of shape and actually fell apart when I touched it. So I replaced it with a new Switchcraft one.

The nut looked to have been installed backwards at the factory, as it you can see from the photos it’s angled towards the fretboard which doesn’t look right but as well as this the strings were too large for the slots, so the intonation was all over the place.

Not sure about the relic job on this one.